Contracts Engineer is responsible for conducting reviews and considering legal aspects of contract award & administration. They are also responsible for preparing and drafting commercial bids and tenders, estimating the costs of a project and ensuring that the costs are controlled.
- Ensures timely Contractor’s deliverable of commercial nature such as Performance Bond, Advance Payment Bank Guarantee, Insurance Certificates, Release Certificate…etc as per the Contract requirements
- Helps draft all formal correspondence with the contractor in a professional way to ensure it complies with the Agreement and avoid creation a source for potential claim by Contractor
- Maintains a Variations log and manages timely conclusion of each request
- Handles all Variation requests working with other members of the Project Team (e.g. Project Controls, Engineering, etc.) as required and negotiates the cost and schedule impacts of Variations (as needed) and obtain approval as per Commercial Processes
- Analyze Contractor’s Claims and, try to settle them as per the Contract’s provisions or refer the case to Legal Department as per Claim Settlement Process for finalization as per the Dispute Resolution Provisions in the Contract
- Prepares Claims including Insurance and Warranty Claims and liaise with Legal & Insurance for handling
- Reviews and approves subcontracting procedures and subcontract templates
- Works with the contractor’s Subcontracts Manager to tender major subcontracts and coordinates processing the award recommendations for Company’s approval
- Monitors the contractor’s compliance with the Project schedule with respect to the subcontracting work to ensure that subcontracts are issued as planned
- Coordinates Company’s review and approval of requests for Milestone Certificates once all pre-requisites are met
- Arranges for Close out of the Contract and the Contractor’s Performance Evaluation Report Assists in reviewing the monthly Procurement progress calculations
- Process all Service Orders requested by the Project Team as per Service Order Procedure
Qualifications & Experience
- Legal or Commercial Degree or Training in business law and general business practices
- Bachelors Degee in an Engineering discipline also desirable
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience in post award administration of different types of contracts; mainly high value / complex EPC Contracts
- Experience in Claims mitigation measures and claim settlement
- In depth Knowledge / Experience in dealing with different modes of remuneration such as LSTK, Re-measurable, Work Unit Rates, Reimbursable type agreements
- Strong understanding of Oil and Gas industry contracting issues (experience in Upstream and/or Contract Engineering).
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent Organization skills, autonomy, independent work ethic.
Need Expert Commissioning Support?
Contact us for a comprehensive and confidential analysis, we can supply a quick response to the provision of Commissioning Expertise and Provide project recovery plans and turnaround plans to limit and minimise potential schedule and cost over runs…. Contact Us